Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Paris Je T'aime

Paris...what other word can I use to describe my trip there than amazing. You think you will know what a trip to Paris will be like...romantic, pretty and exciting. And yes, my trip was all of those things. But it was so much more than I could have ever expected. The cafe culture, the purple sky above the Seine river dotted with architectural wonders like the Eiffel tower and Notre Dame, the beautiful French people, the unlimited bakeries filled with baguettes, croissants and delectable delights, and so much more only begin to describe the joy of Paris. I could have been doing nothing but sitting in a park there, and would have still fallen in love with everything there.

Katie and I saw all the sites, and it was really useful that she had been to Paris before as well as spoke a bit of French. We saw the Arc de Triomphe, made it to the top of the Eiffel Tower, went to the Louvre to see the Mona and much more, went to Montmartre and saw the art fair, got portraits drawn and saw the beautiful Sacre Coeur. We also went to the red light district and saw the Moulin Rouge, which was good fun.

I think I might just move to Paris. Everything there is beautiful...even our budget hotel was filled with French beauty. I really can't describe to you how wonderful it was...and if you have never been to Paris you will never fully understand until you go. Go to Paris. Live in Paris. Be Parisian...its what I plan on doing.

Also, I met the President of Ireland this week. It was wonderful. She is such a nice and intelligent lady, and we even had small talk about the weather similarities in Seattle and Dublin.

I will be going to Barcelona this weekend, and then its the final countdown of my days in Dublin. Its so bitter sweet, because I miss everyone back home...but love my time abroad. Stay tuned for Barcelona!

Here are pictures from France:




















4 comments:

Unknown said...

from Los Angeles:

I'm so happy your having a great time and able to do and see so much. I miss you but these wonderful experiences you are having are turning into priceless moments, memories and have already expanded your perspective, appreciation, understanding of the world, life and all that schtuff.... Love you....

DAD

azi said...

what can I say???
I open your Paris Je T'aime I see the very first picture and my mouth is wide open, you never seem to amaze me. For me this is the most emotional of all the pictures you have posted during your trip and we both know why! Thank you and I love you very much.No matter where you are our hearts always be connected by very special moments like when you took that picture.
We have so much to share about the world and what's in it when you come home....enjoy and value these great moments....I know you will always remember them xoxo

ZHENYA ZHURAVLYOVA said...

i love paris! PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Десислава Валентинова said...

I love Paris too. It is amazing place. I have been in Paris 2 years ago and just for a three days, so I want to go bach someday for more time :))

Desislava
http://truedreamcatcher.blogspot.com